All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Tuesday 9 April 2013

IMPAC Dublin Literary Award Shortlist 2013

Today the 154 longlisted novels for the world's richest literary prize (100,000 euros) was whittled down to a final ten novels. The award's long list comes from nominations by public libraries throughout the world for a work in English (it can be translated). I have read two and reviewed them previously, the links to those reviews on this blog are contained in the text below.

The shortlist is:

City of Bohane - Kevin Barry

The Map and The Territory - Michel Houellebecq - (See my review here http://messybooker.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/2010-goncourt-prize-winner-map-and.html )

1Q84 - Haruki Murakami


Pure - Andrew Miller


Buddha in the Attic - Julie Otsuka


The Tragedy of Arthur - Arthur Phillips


Swamplandia! - Karen Russell


From The Mouth of The Whale - Sjon - (See my review at http://messybooker.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/2012-independent-foreign-fiction-prize.html )

The Faster I Walk, The Smaller I Am - Kjersti A. Skomsvold


Caesarion - Tommy Wieringa


I'm very much looking forward to tackling the eight I have not read to date, as last year's list had a few gems and I'll be back a few times in the coming days with a review of "Captain of the Steppe" by Oleg Pavlov and the announcement of the shortlist for the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize.

No comments: